4.23.2009

Etsy Crazy

So I went a little nuts at the thrift stores this week and posted a lot of new things on the ol etsy site. I had fun using my new camera, a Nikon D60. It was the first time I got to use it for etsy. My kitchen turned into a mini photo studio. I think some of the shots turned out pretty good. I hope I can sell some stuff soon! It is always exciting making a sale. I have been selling about 1 item a month because I am not promoting the site that much, but it is enough for me. I don't have tons of time to spend on shipping and posting and blogging and advertising because well I have a full time job and a trillion other projects right now.

So a couple weeks ago I was in San Diego where it is warm and of course after not selling anything for a month I sold four things in one weekend. Good thing I recently invested in an iPhone! I was sitting in the airport and convo'ing customers about their orders. I didn't even have a chance to change my etsy shop to the vacation setting. Oh well, I was happy for all of the sales. Since then everything has been shipped and the positive feedback is trickling in woohoo!

In other news, I have been starting on designing stuff for Dan's amp service: Mustachioed. I want to start building a website where he can post his current project and other things. It will probably evolve over time into something more significant but I think that's all the content he has for now.

I am also trying to start working with two awesome Chicago music venues to re-do their logos and redesign their websites. Designing for music is my favorite so I hope they want to go ahead with the project. I will be working with Dave from Dinosaurs Eat Everybody. Dave rocks! He will be programming the back end because he is a genous.

Another project I am finishing up is for Orland Driving School. I am working with Jared's company Yellow Car Studios on this project. It's been going pretty steady for a while. The front end is almost done. Then there is a log in part that is about a quarter finished.

Also I really need to update my own website which I havent touched since probably 5 years ago. It's looking very dated and since I will be designing websites I should probably have a good one myself. ha.

I have been debating working on some knitting patterns that I can sell on etsy as well. Recently while knitting I have just been making stitches with no final project in mind I just cast on and go. I end up with a lot of head bands and belts. The belt I just made is pretty neat though maybe i;ll make more and sell them. We'll see, usually I don't feel like knitting in the summer.

I also have some more art projects in mind. Who knows when I will have time to get to them though.

Thats all for the next three months probably!

No comments: